County Public Health Department
Caring for the Whole Community
WIC ::: Healthcheck :::
SHAPP ::: Tuberculosis ::: Family
Maternal Health ::: Environmental
Health ::: Genetics ::: Cancer
Home Visits ::: Immunizations
::: Other Services
The mission of the Jasper County Health Department is to provide preventive
healthcare services to the whole community.
Call (706) 468-6850 For Special Services or Needs
The doors of Jasper County Health Department are always open to you.
Visit the Georgia Department of Public
Health Web site
North Central Health District for more information about your local health department services.
Fees & Insurance
Small fees are charged for some services such as immunizations, water
sampling and septic tank inspections and permits.
Some services are charged on a sliding scale determined by family income
Medicaid/Medicare are billed for participating clients with presentation
of card at time of visit.
NO ONE IS DENIED SERVICE BECAUSE OF INABILITY TO PAY OR LACK OF MEDICAID/MEDICARE
- WIC [Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program]
- WIC is a nutrition program offered to low income pregnant women, infants
and children up to 5 yrs. of age who have been determined to be at nutritional
risk. The program provides food vouchers for nutritional needs and educational
counseling on proper diet and healthy eating.
- HEALTHCHECK is a comprehensive physical exam for children which includes
developmental and nutritional assessment. Screenings for lead, iron,
vision, hearing and dental are a vital part of this clinic. This program
is intended for children birth to 21 years of age. Special emphasis
is placed on follow up of high risk infants.
- SHAPP is a program available for individuals with high blood pressure.
The program is offered to persons referred by doctors or health care
clinics. Free medications, blood pressure monitoring and counseling
are parts of this service.
- TUBERCULOSIS screening is provided along with treatment for those
with identified active cases.
- FAMILY PLANNING
- FAMILY PLANNING provides a complete physical exam including pap smear
and screen for sexually transmitted diseases, plus education and counseling
on a method of contraception. Birth control options include barrier
methods, birth control pills, IUD and DEPO.
- MATERNAL HEALTH
- Prenatal case management is available for eligible pregnant women.
It includes psychosocial and socio economic assessment with appropriate
referrals to other agencies and programs.
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH provides preventive health strategies for the
community. Several major programs are: food service inspections, on
site sewage system evaluation, individual water supplies, tourist accommodation
evaluation, rabies control, healthrelated complaint investigation and
swimming pool inspections.
- GENETICS provides screening of premaritals, adolescents, young adults
and newborns for sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobin variants.
- CANCER SCREENING
- Services include screening for cervical and breast cancer, instruction
in self breast exam and referral for mammograms. This program includes
free mammograms for qualified women.
- HOME VISITS
- HOME VISITS are a part of follow up of identified health problems
in the clinic. They also provide health care such as a checkup of the
new infant, postpartum examination for the mother and abnormal pap smear
- IMMUNIZATION for early childhood diseases such as polio, measles,
diphtheria, whooping cough and meningitis is an ongoing service. Shots
should be started when your baby is two months old.
- Pre Marriage Blood Tests
- HIV (AIDS) Testing and Counseling
- Pregnancy Tests
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Mammogram Referrals
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing)
- PKU/Sickle Cell Service
- Head Lice Checks
- B12 Shots (With Doctor's Orders)
- Vision, Hearing and Dental Screens
- Scoliosis Screening
- Genetic Counseling
- Referrals for Extensive Health Care
- Flu and Pneumonia Shots